$31.50 – $58.00
What is Krill Oil?
Krill oil is made from krill, a small, shrimp-like crustacean that inhabits the cold ocean areas of the world. Despite their small size, krill make up the largest animal biomass on the planet. There are approximately 500 million tons of krill roaming in northern seas alone, and larger populations in the southern ocean.
Krill oil, like fish oil, contains omega-3 fats such as eicosapentanoic acid (EPA) and docosahexanoic acid (DHA). However, in fish oil, these omega-3 fats are found in the triglyceride form. In krill oil, they are found in a double chain phospholipid structure, the same form as the fats in human cell walls.
Krill oil also contains vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin D and astaxanthin, which is a potent anti-oxidant. The anti-oxidant potency of krill oil is, in terms of ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) values, 48 times more potent than fish oil. The astaxanthin found in krill oil supports resistance against ultraviolet light and UV-induced skin damage.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- High in phospholipids – 620mg per capsule
- High Astaxanthin content – 2000mcg per capsule
- Superior EPA(270mg)/DHA(120mg) analysis to ordinary fish oil
- Superior bio-availability owing to phospholipid-bound Omega 3
- One-a-day convenience
- No fishy after-taste – naturally reflux-free
- We chose superior quality Norwegian Rimfrost™ Sublime Krill Oil
- Independently certified sustainable by Friend of the Sea organization
- Unique low emissions, low energy, low climate impact fishing vessel
- Rapid on ship processing maintains freshness
- Low temperature enzymatic and supercritical oil extraction does not de-nature the oil.
Dosage: 1 capsule per day with food or as professionally prescribed. Always read the label and take as directed.
Low Allergy Formulation: Free from artificial colouring, flavours, and preservatives, yeast, wheat, sugar, starch, nuts, gluten, diary and corn.
Contraindications: Use with caution if you suffer from shellfish allergy. Use with caution in bleeding disorders. Do not take more than the label dosage without consulting a health practitioner. Stop this supplement 2 weeks prior to surgery.
Pack Size: Available in a 30 and 60 pack size.
•Low temperature enzymatic and supercritical oil extraction does not de-nature the oil.
EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS:
Natural Krill Oil
Total Omega 3
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)